Of Early Christian origin, first rebuilt in the 11th century and then again in the 12th and 13th centuries, the church of Sant'Eustorgio has been run by Dominicans since 1220. Relics claimed to be of the Three Wise Men are guarded here.
From behind the main altar the splendid Cappella Portinari can be reached. It's a testimonial of the early Tuscan Renaissance, with 15th-century frescoes by Vincenzo Foppa (the Storie di San Pietro Martire) and the 14th-century Arca di San Pietro Martire, by Giovanni di Balduccio.
Corso di Porta Ticinese Ticinese district Sant'Ambrogio map