|At Capriate San Gervasio, along the Adda river, Crespi d'Adda (pronounce kras-ppee d'ah-ddagh) is an outstanding example of the 19th and early 20th century "company towns".
Built between 1878 and 1927, the development comprised a technologically advanced cotton plant, the residence of the owners (the Crespi family), houses for managers, doctor and parish priest, and dwellings for the factory workers.
Remarkably intact, the village has been inscripted in the Unesco World Heritage list since 1995.
|East of Milan.
Some 40 km from the city.
Take highway A4 E64 (towards Brescia and Venezia) to Capriate San Gervasio.